- Legislative Reception 2014 - 1
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 2
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 3
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 4
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 5
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 6
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 7
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 8
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 9
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 10
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 11
Transportation Review and Advisory Council
Southwest Ohio Hearing
September 25, 2014
Phil Parker, President & CEO of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, addressed the Transportation Review and Advisory Council (TRAC) on two key projects critical to the Dayton region.
#1 - MOT-35 Widening
This is a project that is critical to freight and commuter traffic in the Dayton region. As the center city's most significant "East - West thoroughfare," this is a vital stretch of highway that sees over 75,000 vehicles per day. MOT-35 connects downtown Dayton with Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the state's largest single-site employer with over 27,000 employees and a $4.4 billion annual economic impact on Ohio's economy.
#2 - I-70/I-75 Logistics
The Dayton region has become the most recent home to Fortune 50 company, P&G. P&G has constructed a $90 million, 43 acre facility near the Dayton International Airport. This facility is going to serve one of six distribution centers in North America. Once fully operational in 2015, this facility will serve an average of 700 trucks and over 800 employees daily. The I-70/I-75 Logistics project will expand US Route 40 and the interchange at US Route 40 to accommodate over 3,000 new anticipated vahicles daily. This is not a "build it and the jobs will come" project. The jobs and the trucks are here, and now we need the infrastructure to support it.
I encourage the TRAC to consider advancing this project to Tier 1 status.
Do you think the State of Ohio should move toward elimination of all state income taxes?
- Michelle Obama Promotes Awareness of Mental Health Care ABC News March 05, 2015
- Chemical Exposure Linked to Billions in Health Care Costs National Geographic March 05, 2015
- Former Aurora Health Care exec Schick to replace retiring Dianne Kiehl Milwaukee Business Journal March 05, 2015
- Return to Cuba or die: healthcare woes ended this refugee's American Dream The Guardian March 05, 2015
- How to raise taxes — and get away with it Boston Globe (subscription) March 05, 2015
- FT's Foley: Berkshire Figures Way Out of Taxes, While Buffett Calls for Higher ... Newsmax March 05, 2015
- The Supreme Court and the Fate of American Health Care New York Times March 05, 2015
- GOP lawmakers dispute Wolf budget's taxes Pittsburgh Post-Gazette March 05, 2015
- As negotiations continue, Carolinas HealthCare offers guidance for patients ... Charlotte Observer March 04, 2015
- The Health Care Supreme Court Case: Who Would Be Affected? New York Times March 04, 2015