- Legislative Reception 2014 - 1
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 2
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 3
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 4
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 5
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 6
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 7
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 8
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 9
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 10
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 11
Transportation Review and Advisory Council
Southwest Ohio Hearing
September 25, 2014
Phil Parker, President & CEO of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, addressed the Transportation Review and Advisory Council (TRAC) on two key projects critical to the Dayton region.
#1 - MOT-35 Widening
This is a project that is critical to freight and commuter traffic in the Dayton region. As the center city's most significant "East - West thoroughfare," this is a vital stretch of highway that sees over 75,000 vehicles per day. MOT-35 connects downtown Dayton with Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the state's largest single-site employer with over 27,000 employees and a $4.4 billion annual economic impact on Ohio's economy.
#2 - I-70/I-75 Logistics
The Dayton region has become the most recent home to Fortune 50 company, P&G. P&G has constructed a $90 million, 43 acre facility near the Dayton International Airport. This facility is going to serve one of six distribution centers in North America. Once fully operational in 2015, this facility will serve an average of 700 trucks and over 800 employees daily. The I-70/I-75 Logistics project will expand US Route 40 and the interchange at US Route 40 to accommodate over 3,000 new anticipated vahicles daily. This is not a "build it and the jobs will come" project. The jobs and the trucks are here, and now we need the infrastructure to support it.
I encourage the TRAC to consider advancing this project to Tier 1 status.
Do you want to get involved in legislation affecting your business? It's easy! Just click here to find out more about the issues where your chamber has taken a position. A sample letter and list of legislators are provided so you can take action with only a few minutes of your time.
Ohio/Regional Legislative & Business News
- More changes may be on tap for property taxes Springfield News Sun May 20, 2015
- City to contribute $3.6M to cancer center Dayton Daily News May 20, 2015
- Middletown OKs agreements for AK research center Hamilton Journal News (subscription) May 19, 2015
- Dayton Groups Rally Over Proposed Trade Agreement WYSO May 18, 2015
- Council considers rezoning requests Troy Daily News May 17, 2015
- It Happened Years Ago Troy Daily News May 17, 2015
- Local agencies advocate for Medicaid extension Springfield News Sun May 15, 2015
- Lawmakers vow to protect Wright-Patt Dayton Daily News May 13, 2015
- Taking charge of our future Piqua Daily Call May 13, 2015
- Connecticut Lawmaker Holds Fast to First-in-Flight Claim WKEF ABC 22 April 30, 2015
Do you want to weigh in on key policy debates with interactive content that makes the case for free enterprise solutions?
Are you searching for timely content on top business issues?
Then join Friends of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to stay current and engage in the political process.
Latest National News - Legislative & Business
- New Jersey water supply plan remains a mystery Press of Atlantic City May 23, 2015
- What's left for Connecticut lawmakers this session seattlepi.com May 23, 2015
- Michigan Political Points: Petition drive, veto override paths could work ... MLive.com May 23, 2015
- 'They're Not Gang Members': Bikers Protest Mass Arrests In Waco NPR May 23, 2015
- Essential California: Farmers in a giving mood Los Angeles Times May 23, 2015
- BASE Deaths Raise New Concerns Twin Falls Times-News May 23, 2015
- Drop That Gas Nozzle: New Jersey Is Full-Service Island, and Likes It New York Times May 23, 2015
- License center slated for county Denton Record Chronicle May 23, 2015
- As heroin use spikes, Ohio children feel the brunt Marion Star May 23, 2015
- NJ doctors, insurers seek common ground on out-of-network legislation NorthJersey.com May 23, 2015