Chamber Supports Dayton Income Tax Levy
The Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce has officially endorsed the City of Dayton income tax renewal levy that will be on the May 6, 2014 ballot. The City of Dayton’s current income tax rate is 2.25%. 1.75% of the 2.25% is permanent and .5% has been subject to renewal every 5 years since 1990. Dayton voters understand the importance of this renewal and have overwhelmingly supported the renewal every time.
“This levy means no new taxes for Dayton businesses and will give the City the financial confidence to provide essential services,” stated Phil Parker, President & CEO of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce. “Making this renewal permanent, will allow City leaders to continue to focus on economic development and business services, instead of running a levy campaign every 5 years.”
This renewal levy is an important key to the economic stability of region’s core city. The Chamber will continue to monitor potential changes or adjustments in income tax rates to ensure the City of Dayton remains economically competitive and attractive to business growth.
How do you think the State of Ohio should balance the budget?
- Cuomo, Astorino trade barbs on taxes, HUD, corruption The Journal News | LoHud.com October 23, 2014
- Lehigh County commissioners approve budget cutting taxes $1.25 million Allentown Morning Call October 22, 2014
- Aetna deal promises more affordable, better health care in Puget Sound The Seattle Times (blog) October 22, 2014
- US Ranks Last in This Among Wealthy Nations WebMD October 22, 2014
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care PCWorld October 22, 2014
- Should You Trust Walmart with Your Health Care? Slate Magazine October 22, 2014
- NYC Health Care Workers Prepped for Ebola, Urged to Maintain Calm Newsweek October 22, 2014
- Healthcare's Age of Enlightenment: What's Next Forbes October 22, 2014
- Mandy Moore: For Africa, health care that works CNN October 22, 2014
- What If America Had Canada's Healthcare System? The Atlantic October 21, 2014