- Legislative Reception 2014 - 1
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 2
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 3
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 4
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 5
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 6
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 7
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 8
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 9
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 10
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 11
Transportation Review and Advisory Council
Southwest Ohio Hearing
September 25, 2014
Phil Parker, President & CEO of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, addressed the Transportation Review and Advisory Council (TRAC) on two key projects critical to the Dayton region.
#1 - MOT-35 Widening
This is a project that is critical to freight and commuter traffic in the Dayton region. As the center city's most significant "East - West thoroughfare," this is a vital stretch of highway that sees over 75,000 vehicles per day. MOT-35 connects downtown Dayton with Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the state's largest single-site employer with over 27,000 employees and a $4.4 billion annual economic impact on Ohio's economy.
#2 - I-70/I-75 Logistics
The Dayton region has become the most recent home to Fortune 50 company, P&G. P&G has constructed a $90 million, 43 acre facility near the Dayton International Airport. This facility is going to serve one of six distribution centers in North America. Once fully operational in 2015, this facility will serve an average of 700 trucks and over 800 employees daily. The I-70/I-75 Logistics project will expand US Route 40 and the interchange at US Route 40 to accommodate over 3,000 new anticipated vahicles daily. This is not a "build it and the jobs will come" project. The jobs and the trucks are here, and now we need the infrastructure to support it.
I encourage the TRAC to consider advancing this project to Tier 1 status.
Do you think the State of Ohio should move toward elimination of all state income taxes?
- Patients to have say in suit disputing Arizona Medicaid plan ModernHealthcare.com May 03, 2015
- Extending Prop. 30 taxes wouldn't address systemic problems Los Angeles Times May 03, 2015
- HSBC's HQ rethink: taxes and China relationship hold key to decision Business Insider May 03, 2015
- Presbyterian Villages, Homestead Home Health Care form JV Crain's Detroit Business May 03, 2015
- Ballot Measure To Hike Taxes For Road Work: Everything You Need To Know ... CBS Local May 03, 2015
- Local hospital executives weigh in on challenges ahead for health care Bluefield Daily Telegraph May 03, 2015
- Central African Republic facing chronic healthcare crisis as scars of conflict ... The Guardian May 03, 2015
- Schools propose to keep taxes, spending under 2% The Journal News | LoHud.com May 03, 2015
- Demand for health care jobs to grow in 2020 Poughkeepsie Journal May 03, 2015
- Exclusive: Siemens healthcare unit probed by China regulator for bribery - sources Reuters May 02, 2015
Do you want to weigh in on key policy debates with interactive content that makes the case for free enterprise solutions?
Are you searching for timely content on top business issues?
Then join Friends of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to stay current and engage in the political process.