- Legislative Reception 2014 - 1
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 2
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 3
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 4
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 5
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 6
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 7
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 8
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 9
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 10
- Legislative Reception 2014 - 11
Transportation Review and Advisory Council
Southwest Ohio Hearing
September 25, 2014
Phil Parker, President & CEO of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, addressed the Transportation Review and Advisory Council (TRAC) on two key projects critical to the Dayton region.
#1 - MOT-35 Widening
This is a project that is critical to freight and commuter traffic in the Dayton region. As the center city's most significant "East - West thoroughfare," this is a vital stretch of highway that sees over 75,000 vehicles per day. MOT-35 connects downtown Dayton with Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the state's largest single-site employer with over 27,000 employees and a $4.4 billion annual economic impact on Ohio's economy.
#2 - I-70/I-75 Logistics
The Dayton region has become the most recent home to Fortune 50 company, P&G. P&G has constructed a $90 million, 43 acre facility near the Dayton International Airport. This facility is going to serve one of six distribution centers in North America. Once fully operational in 2015, this facility will serve an average of 700 trucks and over 800 employees daily. The I-70/I-75 Logistics project will expand US Route 40 and the interchange at US Route 40 to accommodate over 3,000 new anticipated vahicles daily. This is not a "build it and the jobs will come" project. The jobs and the trucks are here, and now we need the infrastructure to support it.
I encourage the TRAC to consider advancing this project to Tier 1 status.
Do you think the State of Ohio should move toward elimination of all state income taxes?
- Sioux City IT firm grows its health care business Sioux City Journal March 29, 2015
- From health care to voting rights, Ted Kennedy's legacy faces fire Boston Globe (subscription) March 29, 2015
- Lackawanna County school taxes drive majority of burden Scranton Times-Tribune March 29, 2015
- At midpoint, a health care chasm Sarasota Herald-Tribune March 29, 2015
- Option to fix Delaware roads: Higher wholesale gas taxes The News Journal March 29, 2015
- Outgoing Beaumont chief reflects on health care industry Detroit Free Press March 28, 2015
- Taxes From A To Z (2015): P Is For Personal Property Taxes Forbes March 28, 2015
- Internal Affairs: Prime Healthcare's lawyer challenges AG Kamala Harris' remarks San Jose Mercury News March 28, 2015
- UMMC future: health care, economic driver Jackson Clarion Ledger March 28, 2015
- Hidden Healthcare Horrors New York Times (blog) March 27, 2015
Do you want to weigh in on key policy debates with interactive content that makes the case for free enterprise solutions?
Are you searching for timely content on top business issues?
Then join Friends of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to stay current and engage in the political process.